Apr 2, 2013

2013 Birthday Project

Can you believe how fast things are going? It's already April! This, of course, means that Georgie's 18th birthday is just less 4 months away!
And just like last year, we are putting together a Birthday Project. Last year we did a scrapbook with letters, graphics and quotes that you all sent in, and it became an amazing success! The scrapbook looked great, and as you remember, we got a Thank-You letter from Georgie.
This year is going to be a little different though, I really don't have the time to make a scrapbook like that again (and keep in mind that my friends actually help that time), so we are going to do something a little smaller.

The first part of the project is that we are going to make a video that consists entirely of smaller videos that you make. You can use any form of video editing program (everything from Windows Movie Maker to Sony Vegas Pro), it's up to you if you want to make a slideshow (only pictures and music) or a music video (clips & pictures from interviews and movie together with music). You are allowed to choose any song that you want, you have to have a song (and it doesn't matter is someone has used the same song), and you are allowed to watermark your video if you want. You all will be credited in the end of the video, either with our real name or an alias (that's also up to you).
The video can not be over 2 minutes, so you have to cut the song down. If there's anything you are wondering about this, feel free to contact us!

The second part is that we are going to make a birthday card, similar to the one we sent Kara Hayward on her birthday. For that we will need pictures of Georgie, so we want you to send us your favourite picture of Georgie (you can only send one!). Just send us the picture through any way that works for you, you can link it here in a comment or send it through Twitter/Facebook. Once again; remember that you can only send one!

The third part is not something you can help with. Last year we received some generous donations from a few Georgie-fans, it was meant to be used in a Christmas Project, but after discussing it we came to the conclusion that we will not be doing any Christmas Projects. So we are using the money now instead. We have ordered a custom made sterling silver necklace with Georgie initials (GH), I just talked to my friend who ordered it and she said it was suppose to be ready in 2-3 weeks, we will post a picture when it has arrived.

I hope you will take part in this special project for Georgie (she is turning 18 after all). If you are wondering about anything, don't be afraid of contacting us, leave a comment or check our Contact page for other ways to reach us.

16 comments:

  1. Oh I am definitely going to enter this!! You didn't have a due-date though? Editing videos is my thing, so this is going to be so fun!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Abigail: At the moment I have not put out a deadline, but it will be sometime in June so you will have plenty of time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex: Yes! I would like to send something in. I'm not sure what I want to send in (video or favorite pic) but I will send in something eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put in a comment, but I think somehow it got deleted because I don't see it now. Anyway, I'll repeat.

    Yes, I'd like to do something. I'm not sure yet which I'll do (movie or pic) but I figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Catherine: Oh no, I think you misunderstood. You are allowed to send in both a video and a picture if you want to, but you can only send one picture, not two or three :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, alex i'm planning to participate to your project :) can i

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I would like to participate, I could edit photos, and a video for her. I would also like to participate in a project I'm doing for her. I hope your answer (;

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heya,
    I've just made a video but I don't know what to do with it. Do you want it put on youtube or sent to you by email?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Anon: That's up to you. If you want to put it up on Youtube I can just download it, though it would be easier for me if you sent it to our email.
    You can find it in our Contact page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's odd to think that me and Georgie were born in the same year just 2 months and 5 days apart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite picture: http://i47.tinypic.com/15o7xnp.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are guys gonna record the whole project? with the reaction of her or are you just gonna put the end video online?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Ok, I'm new in the blog and I really want to be part of this project. This is my favourite picture of Georgie (well, infact I have a lot, but I had to choose just one lol) : http://georgiehenleylife.weebly.com/uploads/1/0/4/2/10428057/4260756_orig.jpg

    I'm going to work on my video soon, should I send it to you by e-mail? Or do you prefer to download it from YouTube?

    Plus, I already saw the necklace and it's BEAUTIFUL, I'm sure Georgie will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello!! I would like to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alex: Can you recommend some slideshow maker to me that I can use to make a video for your project? I've tried several places, just to find out you have to have a paying account to be able to make your slideshow downloadable to a disk, and I thought about using my brother's Pinnacle Studio but it turns out that there's no way to email your projects from pinnacle. It's OK if whatever you recommend I would have to make an account for, but I can't download software so I can't take that stuff. So if you can recommend something that would be great. :)

    ReplyDelete